Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer of Love


This Summer is the busiest summer for Weddings I have ever experienced, and I love it! There are 4 weddings in total 3 of which happen in July (two have already passed). The first wedding we went to was on July 10. I was really looking forward to this wedding because the brides sister is a really close friend of mine that lives in Sudbury so I don't get to see her often. The wedding took place at Loyalist Golf and Country Club. The ceremony was a beautiful. It took place outside and the weather was perfect for it. I loved watching this ceremony because the Bride and Groom looked so happy.
Through the entire ceremony they were both beaming at each other and you could really tell they were just enjoying the moment.

I had never been to an entire wedding at Loyalist before, only a reception. I loved the ceremony outside. The girls walked from the club house, up the aisle, across the front row and then walked across a small bridge to get to the center where the groom was standing. It made things a little different then your usual straight walk up the aisle.

Another nice thing about Loyalist is even though you have a couple hours to wait between the ceremony and reception there is a nice patio you can sit at and have a drink or you can even grab a golf club and hit a couple balls at the driving range.

One of the things Kevin and I love most about weddings is the dance. We have been know to bust a move when the mood strikes. At this particular wedding the music was great and so was the crowd. I wouldn't say the dance floor was packed but the people that were on it were so fun and it was easy to get our groove on with them.


Our second wedding in July was on the 17th. This one was a little different for me because I was a bridesmaid! It was my cousins wedding and we have been very close growing up so I was honoured and thrilled when she asked me to be in the wedding.

The wedding was in Cobourg so my mom and I drove up on the Friday for the rehearsal and to help out with anything else that needed to be done before Saturday. The ceremony was in a chapel but the reception was in a tent at the grooms parents house and the weather forecast wasn't looking good for Saturday. It was calling for rain and thunderstorms.

All the girls stayed a this great bed in breakfast the night before and in the morning after breakfast the hair and makeup crew were coming to get us ready. It is so nice to be able to wake up and not have to touch our hair or makeup in the morning because you know it is going to be done for you. I wish I could have that every day. The make-up artist even put fake eyelashes on us so I really felt like a star.

After we were all done up and in our dresses we went outside for pictures. We were all in different black dresses but all had matching red heels. They were so cute but a challenge to walk in the grass. By the time we were done we had given that grass some pretty good airigation.

The church had one of the longest aisle I have ever seen. Very scary for girls walking in heels in front of over 200 people, but I did it! The ceremony was beautiful and very spiritual. There was a duet by two friends of the bride and groom the two sounded amazing together, it gave me chills.

Unfortunately the chapel was extremely warm and one of the other bridesmaids fainted part way through the service. Luckily, the brides brother was standing next to her and caught her before she fell. Now I mentioned that we were worried about the weather but things work out okay. Yes we had about 10 minutes of torrential rain and hail with high winds, but it all happened while we were cozy inside the chapel for the ceremony. By the time the service was over and we made our way outside it was beautiful out again.

We had some more pictures taken outside with the whole wedding party and then we headed to the house for the reception. This reception was beautiful! The tent was HUGE and the poles that were holding the tent up were covered with huge branches so it looked like there were big trees in the tent with jewels hanging off it.

The meal was fabulous, the speeches touching, and the band was amazing! It was the first wedding I had been to where it was a live band instead of a DJ and I was blown away, they would go from oldies like "Do the Twist" to some Lady Gaga or Black Eyed Peas and they could pull it off. That dance was hoppin, the dance floor was packed, at one point we had the limbo going, the two lines and couples took turns dancing down the center. It was fantastic! A truly wonderful day, and the best part was watching two very special people make the commitment of a lifetime.


And that's not the end! On July 31st we have another wedding to go to in Cornwall and then on Sept. 4th I am in another wedding. I think it is going to be one, awesome summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment